A THIEF who shoplifted jewellery from a Barrow store “couldn’t be bothered” to queue up to pay for it.
- Cat killed by snare trap in Cumbria
- Bird of prey missing after taking off at Cumbria fair (1 comment)
- Guinness World Record holder shares skills at Cumbria country fair
- Small Cumbria school has big plans to support pupils’ careers
- Country traditions thrill thousands in Coniston
- Unemployment in Cumbria down by 27 per cent (1 comment)
- Barrow council urges delay on onstreet parking charges
Are you passionate about Coniston?
Send your news and pictures to: firstname.lastname@example.org
FARMERS and landholders have successfully opposed plans for a 10-mile walking and cycling trail that would have passed through their land. (10 comments)
Evening Mail homepage
- The best tweets so far...
- Attractions aplenty in Glasgow, Scotland’s second city
- Trophy joy for Magpies and Thunderbirds at netball awards
- Cash-strapped Copeland council writes off £500,000 in unpaid rates (2 comments)
- Life-saving parachute rescue over harbour (1 comment)
- Egremont's Chris Dixon secures top 20 finish at iconic TT race
- Get set for a busy summer
- Twickenham beckons for Cumbria after late victory
- Fixtures suspended after four red cards in cup final
- Trident claims must be probed
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22